A visiting faculty member must be a person who holds a position at the rank of Instructor, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor in a recognized university, or who holds an equivalent position in another appropriate organization.
Under some special circumstances where contributions are required both to the teaching and to the research programs of a department, it may be desirable to make visiting appointments where one or more of the following conditions are satisfied:
- an authorized visiting appointment exists;
- an authorized tenure-track position is vacant on a temporary basis;
- authorization has been given for the replacement of a regular faculty member on leave or for the partial replacement of a faculty member whose appointment has been modified from full-time to part-time.
Appointments may also be made to provide affiliation for a faculty member on leave from another institution who, because of allied interests, is invited to the University even though he/she may have no assigned duties and receive no remuneration from S.F.U.
- Sample Appointment Letters
- Sample Appointment Letter for Visiting Faculty - Canadian/P.R.
- Sample Appointment Letter for Visiting Faculty - Non-Canadian
- Sample Letter to CIC to support immigration application of Non-Canadian Visiting Faculty (this letter should be provided to the non-Cdn appointees with their appointment letter)
Contact the Faculty Relations Advisor handling inquiries for your Faculty.