SFU Applied Sciences Building Construction Project
Please note that the east and north entrances to the Applied Sciences Building are blocked off for construction from May 4, 2020 to fall 2021. Many spaces in the ASB are still open with alternative routes to the building. See map below to view alternative routes. Please follow signs and plan your route ahead of time.
The Applied Sciences Building will undergo a revitalization project from May 4, 2020 to fall 2021. The Applied Sciences Building construction project will include the installation of an energy-efficient building envelope that will reduce SFU’s carbon footprint, address chronic water issues within the building envelope, improve configuration and utilization of learning spaces, labs, workspaces and support areas, and include a streamlined campus east entrance that supports future development of adjacent areas. Many spaces in the Applied Sciences building will remain open and access routes will change. Signage will be posted. Please plan your route ahead of time.
In addition to addressing long term building envelope issues, the revitalization aspects of the project have been developed on the academic plan for the Faculty of Applied Sciences to expand the teaching and research functions of the facility.
Look forward to:
- Updated foyer offering an inviting campus entrance
- New linear access route through campus
- Enhanced building envelope and new facades to increase energy efficiency
- Improving security measures at entry access points and respective functional rooms
- Staging to support an expansion of collaborative and enhanced teaching laboratory spaces
- Consolidated administrative spaces to streamline operations
Alternative Routes to The ASB