FASS Dean's Medal Award
In recognition of academic excellence in scholarship, teaching, and service, with an emphasis on significant contributions while in position in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at SFU, up to three Dean's Medals and one Lifetime Achievement Award will be awarded annually to tenured faculty.
Award winners shall receive $1,000 towards professional development and a medal recognizing their achievements.
Dean's medal recipients will be honoured at the FASS Autumn Reception, tentatively scheduled for October 17, 3:00 - 7:00pm.
Department Chairs/Directors are asked to submit no more than two nominations annually. Award adjudication will take into consideration career stage.
The nomination should include:
- the nominee's full academic CV
- a brief (maximum 500 word) qualitative statement from the nominee about their scholarship, teaching, and service
- the Chair’s letter of nomination providing a full overview of the nominees’ overall record of achievement in all three categories of scholarship, teaching and service
- any other information/ documentation specifically relevant to the case.
- All information will remain confidential and will be held on file for future consideration for three years, or until a request is made for removal.
All information will remain confidential and will be held on file for future consideration for three years, or until a request is made for removal.
The due date for nominations is: Monday, June 3, 2019. Please submit your nomination package to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm.