- Faculty & staff portal
Academic advising is available to provide you with guidance throughout your educational experience. Advisors can help you make important decisions about your academic career and your professional future. Advisors also provide you with the tools you need to navigate the university, its departments, and its programs.
At the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), different levels of academic advising are available to you depending on where you are in your academic journey.
If you are a third or fourth year student who has declared your major, departmental advising is available to you. Please visit your department website or contact your department advisor.
If you are an undeclared student with more than 60 units completed or a student pursuing a BA with two minors, FASS drop-in advising is available for you. Book an appointment or contact an advisor below.
If you are not an undeclared student with more than 60 units or a student pursuing two minors, explore the options above to find the right advising channel for you.
Drop-in FASS advising
Monday to Thursday, 9–11:30am
Arts Central (AQ 3020)
You can also schedule an appointment in advance. To book an appointment, please contact an advisor below.
Explore resources to help you with program planning.
- Rosaline Baik Coordinator, Student Recruitment and Advising FASS One Surrey email@example.com (778) 798-9384 SUR 5169
- Susan Cowan Program Assistant, Certificate in Liberal Arts firstname.lastname@example.org (778) 782-5426 AQ 3020
- Elisa Herrell Undergraduate Advisor and Recruiter email@example.com (778) 782-3909 AQ 3020
- Tracey Sherwood Undergraduate Advisor and Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org (778) 782-3291 AQ 3020
- Wendy Szeto Undergraduate Program Assistant (on leave) email@example.com (778) 782-8750 AQ 3020
- Claire de Lisser Coordinator, Undergraduate Advising Recruitment and Retention, FASS firstname.lastname@example.org (778) 782-5921 AQ 3020