Become a mentor
Application opens February 2018!
Who can be a FASS Connections Mentor?
FASS students with at least 30 units and a willingness and commitment to help other students, represent our great faculty and create a more inclusive SFU community can apply to be a mentor.
What does a mentor do?
- Serve as initial contact person for small group of new students
- Direct new students to campus resources that can aid their integration into the SFU community
- Co-facilitate bi-weekly FASS Fam group meetings (10 - 15 students) at the Burnaby campus
- Recruit new students through online conversations and event outreach
- Provide assistance and guidance (online, phone & face-to-face) to prospective and new students
- Participate in FASS events and initiatives, including FASS2017 events
- Be an active and enthusiastic ambassador for FASS
Why become a mentor?
- Gain group facilitation and event planning experience.
- Strengthen your leadership and communication skills.
- Gain valuable volunteer experience and reference.
- Contribute to your FASS community by sharing knowledge, skills and time.
- Receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) recognition.
- Get invitation to the Student Volunteer Appreciation Gala.
Join our team
Apply for the FASS Connections Mentor for the Summer/Fall 2018 term starting February 2018:
- Go to myInvolvement
- Select 'Student', then log-in.
- Select 'Getting Involved: Current Opportunities' in the left-hand panel
- In the "Search Keyword" text box, type 'FASS Connections Peer Mentor'
- Submit required documentation (resume & cover letter)