Become a Mentor - Application now open!
Who can be a FASS Connections Mentor?
FASS students with a willingness and commitment to help other students, represent our great faculty, meet our minimum requirements and create a more inclusive SFU community can apply to be a mentor.
What does a mentor do?
- Provide one-on-one mentorship to your students and serve as their initial contact person for Fall 2018 term
- Facilitate a group of 12 – 15 new students through a day of activities and sessions at Welcome Day
- Foster inclusive community on campus and meet the needs of a very diverse student population
- Attend SFU & FASS events, workshops and student information fairs with your students
Why become a mentor?
- Strengthen your leadership, communication skills. valuable resume experience and a volunteer reference.
- Receive Co-Curricular Record (CCR) recognition and an invitation to the Student Volunteer Appreciation Gala.
Apply for the FASS Connections Mentor for the Summer/Fall 2018 term now:
- Go to myInvolvement
- Select 'Student', then log-in.
- Select 'Getting Involved: Current Opportunities' in the left-hand panel
- In the "Search Keyword" text box, type 'FASS Connections Mentor'
- Submit required documentation (resume, cover letter & transcript)