New to FASS this Fall 2018
New to SFU and attending Welcome Day in August?
You will be AUTOMATICALLY paired with a mentor who will support you throughout your first term at SFU.
Not attending Welcome Day and still want to be paired with a mentor? Sign up HERE starting April 2018.
FASS Connections mission is to provide enriching and supportive connections to increase your sense of belonging and well-being, helping you thrive in this vibrant campus community and most importantly, become part of our SFU and FASS family!
Connect with your mentor
- You and a mentor will have one-on-one in-person meetings based on your schedule
- You will receive on-going support (online, via text and in person) during your first term
- You will learn about SFU and its many hidden gems from a well trained, enthusiastic volunteer who has been at SFU for at least a year
- You can attend SFU and FASS social and academic events
"My mentor has become a person I feel I can rely on and look up to as a role model. She helped me work through some tough times and helped me learn to be a more independent person. Overall, I feel I learned many valuable life skills from her that will carry me far in university." (2017 mentee)
Get a head start at University
- FREE, mentor-led cohorts during first six weeks of term
- Laid-back yet informative community, led by fellow students who’ve been at SFU a little longer
- You'll learn about FASS opportunities (Co-operative Education, Career and Volunteer exploration, Research, Wellness, Academic Advising, and more) through fun dialogue and activities
- FREE food, new friends and a network of staff contacts
Apply between February and March 2018 to become a mentor for the Summer and Fall 2018 terms. You can provide incoming FASS students supportive connections through group faciliatation and one-on-one interactions.
FASS Connections Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by Club Ilia, located at Cornerstone Building at Univercity!