New to FASS this Fall 2018?
Attending Welcome Day Burnaby in August?
You will be AUTOMATICALLY paired with you mentor at the event who will support you throughout your first term at SFU.
Not attending Welcome Day? Sign up for a mentor HERE starting May, 2018.
Our mission is to provide enriching and supportive connections to increase your sense of belonging and well-being, helping you thrive in this vibrant campus community and most importantly, become part of our SFU and FASS family!
Connect with your mentor
- After Welcome Day you can have one-on-one in-person meetings with your mentor based on your schedule
- You will receive on-going support (online, via text and in person) during your first term
- You will learn about SFU and its many hidden gems from a well trained, enthusiastic volunteer who has been at SFU for at least a year
- You can attend SFU and FASS social and academic events
"My mentor has become a person I feel I can rely on and look up to as a role model. She helped me work through some tough times and helped me learn to be a more independent person. Overall, I feel I learned many valuable life skills from her that will carry me far in university." (2017 mentee)
Get a head start during your first term!
- FREE, peer educator led cohorts during first seven weeks of term
- Laid-back yet informative community, led by fellow students who’ve been at SFU a little longer
- You'll learn about FASS opportunities (Co-operative Education, Career and Volunteer exploration, Research, Wellness, Academic Advising, and more) through fun conversation and activities
- FREE food, new friends and a network of staff contacts to get you a head start at SFU
Sign up HERE for updates on FAMS
Apply between February and March 2018 to become a mentor for the Summer and Fall 2018 terms. You can provide incoming FASS students supportive connections through group faciliatation and one-on-one interactions.
FASS Connections Mentorship Program is proudly sponsored by Club Ilia, located at Cornerstone Building at Univercity!