Information for Presenters
As is common in North America, poster boards are 4 feet high and 8 feet wide (120cm x 240 cm). Authors should mount their posters on the poster boards at least 15 minutes before they are scheduled to be presented and be prepared to stand by their poster for the allocated time.
Poster Content: Your poster should provide the following information:
- Title of project
- Name and academic credentials of the author(s)
- An introduction explaining the reason for doing the research, both from an academic and a societal point of view, and stating the central research question to be answered
- A methods section showing how the central research question will be answered -- this section contains a description of the subjects, as well as about both data collection and data analysis
- A results section showing the main results - preferably in graphs, tables, schemas
- A discussion section that should lead to a sound conclusion
- A references section with the bibliographic description of all references cited in the poster
The duration of a symposium is 90 minutes. Presenters should plan on speaking for 12-15 minutes.
Abstracts of submitted posters and symposia will be distributed to attendees and after the conference, posted on the Friesen conference series website www.sfu.ca/grc/friesen