FCAT Convocation Reception June 2023
Congratulations on your upcoming graduation from the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology at Simon Fraser University. This is an accomplishment to be proud of!
Join us for a special Faculty Celebration by the Reflection Pond in the AQ following your Convocation ceremony to celebrate your accomplishments with fellow Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology alumni, faculty and staff. Your friends and family are welcome to join you.
FCAT Convocation ceremony: 9:45 AM - 11:30, approximately
FCAT Reception: After Ceremony, approximately 11:30 am - 1:30pm at AQ 4000 SW corner (beside the Reflection Pond)
What to expect
- Formal conferral of your credential
- Recognition of your credential with the announcement of your name
- Remarks from student speaker and Dean's Convocation Medal recipient Emma Savić Kallesøe
- Remarks from the Alumni Association President
- SFU's distinguished honorary degree recipient Adelle Blackett
- Celebrate with fellow graduates, faculty and staff
- Take a picture with Dean Carman Neustaedter at our photo booth
- Enjoy fun and engaging activities along with complimentary refreshments
🗒 To help you celebrate this milestone achievement, we have put together a checklist to help you plan for your day so you can make the most of your convocation.
🎉 Celebrate your Convocation with our social celebration tools! Use the SFU cap and gown Instagram and Facebook filter, print celebration signs, and more!
Share your convocation celebrations with us!
Are you doing something special to mark the occasion? Share your special memories with us on social media! Be sure to tag @FCATatSFU on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook! Don't forget to include #MySFUGrad for a chance to be featured on our channels.
We can’t wait to celebrate with you on June 9, 2023. See you there!
Stay in touch with us!
Follow us on social media (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) and make sure to update your contact information with SFU Alumni Relations.
Date: June 9, 2023
Time: 9:45am (PT) - 11:30pm (PT)
Location: AQ 4000 SW corner (beside the Reflection Pond)