- Fall 2019
- Summer 2019
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Using interactive arts and technology to explore possibilities with ethnographic research
- Dr. Laura Marks is the 2015 Robert Flaherty Film Seminar Programmer!
- Energy-generating shoe insole concept wins international competition
- Entertainment education: intersections between communication and development
- Connecting applied experience with a communication degree
- From learning through work experience to learning abroad
- Professor Bob Hackett to Receive the 2015 Dallas Smythe Award
- First Year Perspective: Annette Cheung in SIAT
- First Year Perspective: Rumneek Johal in CMNS
- First Year Perspective: Cori Baldwin Paquette in SCA
- Communication graduate wins award for CBC early edition program
- Finding the right balance
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- News archive
- Future students
- Get involved
- Current students
Professor Bob Hackett to Receive the 2015 Dallas Smythe Award
Professor Hackett has been chosen by the Union for Democratic Communications and the Toronto 2015 Local Organizing Committee to receive the 2015 Dallas Smythe Award.
"Smythe Award winners are nominated by their peers to honour those whose work exhibits the spirit of engagement, democracy, teaching, and feistiness to which the UDC is committed." Professor Hackett is recognized for his substantial academic and community contributions, including to the work of the UDC, NewsWatch Canada, the Media Democracy Project, and OpenMedia.ca, and for his long and influential commitment to media democratization.
This is the second year in a row that an SFU School of Communication Professor has won this award. Professor Yuezhi Zhao took home the award in 2013 for her outstanding contributions to the study of the political economy of global communication.
Hackett is set to accept this prestigious award in May, at the 2015 Union for Democratic Communications Conference in Toronto, Ontario.