- News & Events
- News archive
- Summer 2023
- SCA's Arne Eigenfeldt in The Conversation: Why the growth of AI in making art won’t eliminate artists
- FCAT hosts Safe Space for White Questions online discussion
- Our Way and The Klabona Keepers among 5th Annual Skoden Film Festival award winners
- FCAT supports northern BC communities with increased learning opportunities
- Master of Digital Media Grads Tackle Plastic Waste Blanketing Our Oceans with Group Shopping App
- June 2023 Convocation Featured Student Profiles
- Introducing FCAT Research Spotlight
- The School of Communication's 50th Anniversary: From 1973 to 2023
- Spring 2023
- Cody Sawatsky Memorial Plaque Unveiled at the SFU Surrey Campus
- Scholarly Impact of the Week: Michael Filimowicz
- School of Interactive Arts & Technology professor Wolfgang Stuerzlinger inducted to prestigious VR academy
- Meet Nico Hernandez, 2022 Lighthouse Lab Prize Recipient
- Jon Corbett Joins School of Interactive Art and Technology
- Welcome Kota Ezawa, the 2023 Spring Audain Visual Artist in Residence
- MPUB Alumnus Claire Cavanagh Becomes Literary Agent
- Alumnus designs Canucks Lunar New Year jersey
- 2023 Skoden Indigenous Film Festival
- How the Online Streaming Act will support Canadian content
- Meet Jonathan Newman, the 2022 Recipient of the Cody Sawatsky Memorial Award in Gaming
- Fall 2022
- Eight SFU innovators bestowed with Canada’s highest academic honour
- SIAT Convocation Features October 2022
- Graduating Student Sharlyn Monillas Tells Us About Her Time in CMNS
- Centre for Digital Media partners with Ethọ́s Lab to improve Black representation in digital media
- Explore the Surrey Community Open House SIAT Project Demos
- new interdisciplinary technology aid wilderness search and rescue
- Building better democracies through journalism
- Charter alumnus making a big impact through small gifts
- Summer 2022
- FCAT June 2022 Convocation: Looking back
- Meet Contemporary Arts alum Krystle Silverfox
- SFU researchers receive over $6 million to tackle online disinformation, foster data fluencies
- SIAT researchers develop and curate exhibition at Galiano Island’s Yellowhouse Art Centre
- Roll out the red carpet: Surrey students showcase filmmaking talent
- Spring 2022
- FACTS AND FALSEHOODS IN THE TIME OF COVID-19
- Celebrating Black History Month across the Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- SFU professor shares experience living and teaching in war-torn Ukraine
- SFU artists and researchers showcase art installation on Surrey’s ‘UrbanScreen’
- Leadership and Agile Production Management micro-credential established in partnership with DigiBC
- Leading with heart: Meet Staff Achievement Award winner Corbin Saleken
- HOW GOOGLE’S SEARCH ENGINE SUPPORTS CONSPIRACY THEORISTS AND HATE FIGURES
- SFU staffer’s commitment to local arts community nets staff achievement award
- Fall 2021
- Summer 2021
- Spring 2021
- Fall 2020
- Summer 2020
- Spring 2020
- Fall 2019
- Summer 2019
- Spring 2019
- Fall 2018
- Summer 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Summer 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Summer 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- Summer 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- Summer 2023
- News archive
- FCAT Research and Teaching Forum
- FCAT Convocation Celebration October 2023
- FCAT Undergraduate Graduate Conference
- 2024 FCAT Undergraduate Graduate Conference
- 2023 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2022 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2021 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- Cancelled: 2020 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2019 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2018 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2017 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2016 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2015 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2014 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- 2013 FCAT Undergraduate Conference
- Featured Student
- Featured alumnus
- FCAT After School Podcast
- Season One
- Episode 0: Welcome to After School
- Episode 1: Finding Your Creative Potential with Prem Gill
- Episode 2: Inclusivity in the Performance Arts with Aryo Khakpour
- Episode 3: Connecting Design and Technology with Sofia Bautista
- Episode 4: Storytelling in Game Design with Mars Balisacan
- Episode 5: Challenging the Status Quo through Art with Shion Skye Carter & Stefan Nazarevich
- Episode 6: Starting Your Own Publishing Company with Jesse Finkelstein
- Episode 7: Finding Happiness in Your Work with Nick Doering
- Episode 8: Making a Name in Independent Filmmaking with Gloria Mercer
- Episode 9: It All Starts with a Strategy with Adam Brayford
- Episode 10: Shifting Places, Shifting Minds with Milton Lim
- Episode 11: Being the Big Piece in a Small Pie with Jordan Yep
- Episode 12: Reimagining Dance Training with Tin Gamboa
- Episode 13: Standing Out as a Creative with Sara Milosavic
- Season Two
- Episode 0: Welcome to FCAT After School Series 2!
- Episode 1: Entrepreneurship in UX Design with Eric Lee
- Episode 2: Community and Adaptability in the Performing Arts with Howard Dai
- Episode 3: Mastering the Art of Publishing with Jazmin Welch
- Episode 4: Navigating your Educational Journey with Broadcaster Simi Sara
- Episode 5: Career Transitions of a Software Engineer with Vic Ong
- Episode 6: Becoming Your Own Boss with Kirstin Richter
- Episode 7: Gaining a Global Outlook with Kai Bockmann
- Episode 8: Finding Your Place in Publishing with Heidi Waechtler
- Episode 9: Exploring Virtual Production with Brenda Medina
- Episode 10: Inclusion in the Design Industry with Priscilla Skylar Lee
- Episode 11: Exploring Study Focus in Contemporary Arts with Sophie Tang
- Episode Transcripts
- Season 2, Episode 1: Entrepreneurship in UX Design with Eric Lee
- Season 2, Episode 2: Community and Adaptability in the Performing Arts with Howard Dai
- Season 2, Episode 3: Mastering the Art of Publishing with Jazmin Welch
- Season 2, Episode 4: Navigating your Educational Journey with Broadcaster Simi Sara
- Season 2, Episode 5: Career Transitions of a Software Engineer with Vic Ong
- Season 2, Episode 6: Becoming Your Own Boss with Kirstin Richter
- Season 2, Episode 7: Kai Bockmann
- Season 2, Episode 8: Finding Your Place in Publishing with Heidi Waechtler
- Season 2, Episode 9: Exploring Virtual Production with Brenda Medina
- Season 2, Episode 10: Inclusion in the Design Industry with Priscilla Skylar Lee
- Season 2, Episode 11: Exploring Study Focus in Contemporary Arts with Sophie Tang
- Season One
- Future students
- Current students
- Get involved
- FCAT research funding lifecycle
- FCAT Funding Opportunities
- Institutes, labs and projects
- Quick links and resources
- FCAT Research Newsletter Archive
- Return to campus
Episode 0: Welcome to FCAT After School Season 2!
Welcome back to FCAT After School, a podcast project from SFU’s Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology.
Welcome back to FCAT After School, a podcast project from SFU’s Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology. This season, FCAT students Megan, Eric, Genevieve, Marshall, and Zoe - bring us brand new one-on-one conversations with alumni across communication, interactive arts and technology, contemporary arts, publishing and digital media. Exploring their career journeys since graduation, the highs and the lows along the way, and gathering advice for the next generation. We can’t wait to share what’s in store.
Make sure you subscribe to FCAT After School so you don't miss any of our amazing upcoming interviews!
Music is “Yesterday” by HoliznaCC0. Licensed under CC BY-NC 1.0: freemusicarchive.org/music/holiznac…l/yesterday-1/
We would like to respectfully acknowledges the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh Úxwumixw (Squamish), səl̓ilw̓ətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), q̓íc̓əy̓ (Katzie), kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem), Qayqayt, Kwantlen, Semiahmoo and Tsawwassen peoples on whose unceded traditional territories our three campuses reside.
Stacey Copeland: Welcome back to FCAT after school, a podcast project from Simon Fraser university's faculty of communication, art and technology. I'm Stacey Copeland, your host for season two. This season FCAT students Megan
Megan Yeung: Hey there.
Stacey Copeland: Marshall.
Marshall McCann: Hey everybody.
Stacey Copeland: Genevieve.
Genevieve Cheng: Hello.
Stacey Copeland: Eric.
Eric Militaru: Hey, how's it going?
Stacey Copeland: And Zoe.
Zoe Braithwaite: Hey.
Stacey Copeland: Bring us brand new one on one conversations with alumni across communication, contemporary arts, Interactive Arts and Technology, publishing and digital media, exploring their career journeys since graduation.
Speaker 1: I've been working in the game development industry for the past 20 years.
Speaker 2: I graduated from the school in 2012.
Speaker 3: I graduated from SIAT just over a year ago.
Stacey Copeland: The highs and the lows along the way.
Speaker 2: How we learning about Indigenous arts practices.
Speaker 3: I switched fields and industries many times throughout my journey of finding sort of what is my passion.
Stacey Copeland: And gathering advice for the next generation.
Speaker 4: I think the digital shift has been very significant, but it's not everything.
Speaker 2: And I'm excited to see kind of what your generation will look like, and how you also think about art.
Stacey Copeland: Are you curious about past student experiences? Interested in learning more about the FCAT community? Or wondering what path to take at the end of your degree? We can't wait to share what's in store. FCAT after school respectfully acknowledges the Musqueam, Squamish, Tsleil-Waututh, Katzie, Kwikwetlem, Qayqayt, Kwantlen, Semiahmoo and Tsawwassen peoples, on whose unceded traditional territories our three campuses reside, and where many of the stories shared in our series take place. Make sure you subscribe to FCAT after school in your podcast app of choice, so you don't miss any of our upcoming episodes. And you can follow us on social media at FCAT at SFU. That's F C A T at SFU on Twitter and Instagram.