Welcome! We look forward to helping you find your path at SFU!
New Undergraduate Students: you'll be hearing from an EnvironMentor!
If you're new to SFU, welcome! You may have some questions, concerns and curiosity about what this next stage of your life will bring; you're not alone. Through the EnvironMentors program, you can get to know an upper-year student in the Faculty of Environment and get their tips and tricks for succeeding in your first year at SFU.
Why should I join?
- Feel connected and engaged to the SFU community and the Faculty of Environment.
- Become more informed of resources that will help contribute to your academic and social success at SFU.
- Learn about opportunities to get involved and gain valuable volunteer or work experience.
How does this program work?
- You will be matched with one of our fabulous EnvironMentors based on a variety of factors including common academic and social interests.
- Matching typically occurs during the summer.
- Your EnvironMentor will reach out to you via email or text and you will meet up early in September.
- From there, you will continue to stay in touch throughout the year via face to face meetings, social media, emails or texts - up to you!
- Your EnvironMentor's role is to hear you out, inform you of resources, and provide you with advice on how to succeed at SFU!
How do I sign up?
By enrolling in the Faculty of Environment, you are already signed up! So keep an eye on your email over the summer, and you'll be hearing from your EnvironMentor.
Our undergraduate advisors are here to help! Be sure to talk to them if you have any questions about your academic journey. Their contact information is on the advising page.