Financial Aid is the department within Student Services at SFU that is responsible for administering and supporting various financial assistance programs (scholarships, bursaries, awards, student loans, and work-study).
Undergraduate Bursaries in Health Sciences
Available undergraduate bursaries for Faculty of Health Sciences undergraduate students.
} The Dr. Cam Coady Foundation Annual Undergraduate Bursary in Health Sciences is among the many sources of financial aid for undergraduate students.
The Dr. Cam Coady Foundation Annual Undergraduate Bursary in Health Sciences was established at Simon Fraser University in 2006 through a generous gift to Simon Fraser University from the Dr. Cam Coady Foundation in the spirit of supporting students in health sciences programs. One bursary valued at $2,000 will be awarded in the fall semester to an undergraduate student in the Faculty of Health Sciences on the basis of financial need and satisfactory academic standing. Where possible, preference will be given to students entering their first year of study in the Faculty of Health Sciences. To apply, please see the Financial Aid website.
} The Illahie Foundation Annual Undergraduate Award
One Illahie Foundation Annual Undergraduate Award, valued at $5,000, will be provided annually starting in 2013, to a First Nations student, with preference given to those from the Sliammon or Klahoose First Nations.
The award will be available to full-time First Nations undergraduate students in good academic standing in any term enrolled at Simon Fraser University in the following order of preference:
- A Sliammon or Klahoose First Nations student enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Health Sciences;
- A Sliammon or Klahoose First Nations student enrolled in an undergraduate degree program in the Faculty of Science;
- A Sliammon or Klahoose First Nations student enrolled in any undergraduate degree program in any faculty at SFU; and,
- Any First Nations student from a community on the Sunshine Coast, Vancouver Island, or the Discovery Islands wishing to pursue an undergraduate degree program at SFU, with the same order of prefernce as above: Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Science; or any program in any faculty.
Awards will be granted on the basis of demonstrated achievemnet in one or more of the following:
- service to their post-secondary (or secondary) school;
- service to their community;
- cultural contribution; and/or,
- overcoming personal/systemic barriers.
Applicants should provide the following documentation:
- documentation of First Nations heritage which should include but is not limited to, Indian or First Nations status cards, official letters from First Nations organizations, or a combination of proofs;
- a personal statement outlining the student's achievements and/or overcoming personal/systemic barriers; and,
- a letter of reference from an Aboriginal organization, the Band Chief and/or council, or from a Band Education Coordinator.
The award will be made by the Senate Undergraduate Awards Adjudication Committee on Scholarships, Awards and Bursaries.