Sole Source Requests
In certain situations, the University may award a project or contract to a vendor without going through a public tender. When these sole-source purchases can occur is defined by a number of exclusions and exceptions (defined below). For the full policy, please see Policy AD 11.01.
- Review Policy AD 11.01 as well as the list of exclusions and exceptions, below.
- Review the Guide to Making Sole Source Purchases.
- If you are unsure if your requirements qualify as a sole-source purchase or for additional assistance, please contact your Procurement Officer.
- If you are sure that you qualify, complete the Sole Source Request Form.
- Exceptional privilege
- Geographic considerations for construction purchases
- Interference with security or health
- Absence of any bids in a tender call
- Exclusivity, compatibility
- Only single source exists
- Statutory monopoly
- Lessor controls work
- Winner of a design contest
- Real property