The University has entered into a number of business agreements in place for the university-wide provision of goods and services from vendors. Along with any agreements specific to SFU, this includes the University being a part of the following organizations and arrangements:
- The Procurement Committee of the Canadian Association of University Business Officers (CAUBO), a not-for-profit organization comprised of Canadian Universities and Colleges;
- The Education Cooperative Purchasing Group (EDCO), a consortium of public and post secondary institutions in Greater Vancouver area:
- BC Post-Secondary Purchasing Consortium
- The Province of British Columbia Corporate Supply Arrangements
The following is a list of the preferred vendors used by the University. Should you have any questions about making your purchase, please get in touch with the contact listed for that service or product. If none is listed, contact Laura Simonsen, SFU Major Procurement Contracts Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-782-3295.
Contact: Jennifer Thibeault, Senior Buyer, SFU Procurement Services, email@example.com, 778.782.4616
- Dell Canada: Desktops, laptops, and related equipment. To receive contract discount pricing for Dell, use the Dell website build the hardware and electronically print as a PDF; then, create a requisition including attaching the electronic copy of the specifications and note if the equipment is required by a specific date.
- Apple Canada: Desktops, laptops, and related equipment
Contact: Mikhail Dzuba, Director, SFU Document Solutions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 778.782.4160
- Konica Minolta: Managed print services (incl. toner, desktop printers, multi-function devices)
- SFU Document Solutions: SFU Document Solutions should be the first choice for print services (including large format, screen printing, lamination, mailing, finishing & assembly, etc.). They also provide support in planning and selecting external printers and design agencies.
Contact: Louis Ballarin, Mail Services Manager, Louis_ballarin@sfu.ca, 778-782-3169
- Staples EWAY.ca:
- Spicers Paper: Copy paper
- Moneris: Credit card & Interact POS termination and payment processing
Contact: Susan Chew, Bookstore Manager, email@example.com, 778-782-5328
- SFU Bookstore provides support in selecting promotional goods suppliers.
- SFU MECS facilities and contracted service providers should be the first choice. They also provide support in selecting external venues and suppliers.
- Compass Chartwells: Burnaby campus dining services and catering
- Lazy Gourmet: Vancouver campus catering
- Alsco: Linen & uniform services (purchase, rental, & laundering - including SFU-owned textiles)
Contact: Jocelyn Lee, Technician, SFU Science Stores, Jocelyn_lee@sfu.ca
- SFU Science Stores has contracts and consolidates orders for all major science suppliers (including dry ice, gases, chemicals, glassware, and biological materials). More more information, contact Jocelyn Lee.
- Praxair: Research & trades gases including equipment and consumables
- Boyden Global, Caldwell Partners, Geldart Partners, Perrett Laver: Executive search services
Contact: Suzanne Drummond, Thompson, Ahern & Co., firstname.lastname@example.org , 1-866-778-4460
- TACO : International shipments inbound and outbound require a Purchase Order issued by SFU Procurement Services. Create a requisition for the estimated value of the goods, shipping, taxes, and duties. Contact Laura Simonsen for more details. Import/Export documentation and general taxation inquiries can be directed to Suzanne Drummond.
Couriers & Freight
Contact: Rita Narovlyansky, email@example.com, 778-782-4388
- To create an account and access preferred pricing for FedEx, DHL Worldwide Express, or Purolator, contact Rita Narovlyansky.
- YRC Reimer: Land freight Trans-Canada & U.S.
- Kuehne + Nagel: Air freight Trans-Canada & International (incl. U.S.)
- Enterprise:Vehicle rentals and long-term leases. Program Details (PDF)
- Zeemac Vehicle Lease: Multi-year vehicle leasing (including special use/customized vehicles)
- Corporate fuel cards: Fleet gas cards are available from Chevron, Esso, and Shell
- Via Rail: Visit CAUBO site for more details
- Vancouver Airport Parking Authority: Program Details
- Park'n Fly Vancouver:
- Program Details
- Register for Parking Rewards Card using code 59047
- Check the Park’n Fly website for seasonal specials