About LiveHelp in the Department of French
This is a secure online instant messaging system where you can chat with the advisor. Students will be assisted on a first come first serve basis, based on log-in time. LiveHelp is particularly useful for students who cannot make it during drop-in advising hours at the Burnaby campus but need a faster response than email.
Instructions for Use
*** You can only log on during posted LiveHelp hours. ***
- Click here (or go to livehelp.sfu.ca)
- Log in using your SFU computing ID and password
- Click on groups
- Select French Student Advising
- Wait in the queue until you receive a message from the advisor!
- Before speaking with the advisor please email your advising transcript to email@example.com. This can be found on the Student Information System.
- Please note that all conversations are recorded and a chat transcript can be emailed to the advisor once the conversation has ended.
- If you do not respond to a message from the advisor within 3 minutes, you will lose your spot in the queue.