BSocSc (Cape Town, 1989), MSc (LSE, 1995), PhD (Berkeley, 2002)
- Associate Professor, Urban Studies Program
- Associate Member, Department of Geography
- Associate Editor, Journal of Transport Geography
Welcome! You’ve found me in Vancouver, on the west coast of British Columbia. I grew up in and around another west coast port city, Cape Town, South Africa. My research program bridges the disciplines of geography, planning and economics, often combining qualitative and quantitative social research methods, to address three areas related to development at the local, urban and regional scales:
- Port Cities, Seaports and Logistics
- Local Labour Markets and Employment
- Community and Local Economic Development
I am pleased to announce updated websites for two recently completed projects:
(Re)Claiming the New Westminster Waterfront, including timeline, museum exhibit text, dynamic land use map, links to oral histories, memory walks and more...
Social Enterprise Sector Survey, including the first Canadian National Social Enterprise Sector Survey Report, Survey Guide, links to data repository and more...
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.