We are a community of faculty, researchers, and students looking at aging from an interdisciplinary perspective. Issues covered in courses and research include:
- Health & Aging
- Aging & the Built Environment
- Technology & Aging
- Sociology of Aging
The Department of Gerontology has over 30 years of experience in providing interdisciplinary education in aging.
Here are a few highlights:
- 1983: Post-baccalaureate Diploma in Gerontology started under the leadership of Dr. Gloria Gutman. Over 300 students have graduated from the program to date.
- 1996: Master of Arts in Gerontology established. 80+ students have completed the program
- 1999: Minor in Gerontology established
- 2008: PhD program in Gerontology established
The Gerontology Research Centre has had an active program of research, collaboration and knowledge dissemination since 1982.