2016-2017 Alumni Representative Opportunity
The Steering Committee, which meets approximately three times a year, requires a second alumni representative who will connect with the alum, voice its thoughts and ideas, and generally be involved in initiatives that encourage ongoing alumni participation in the GLS community.
The next Steering Committee meeting will be October 14th at 5pm. As the election process has tended to discourage people from applying, we will be drawing a name out of a hat from the list of interested candidates since we know the quality of our alum to be as good as it is. If you would like to volunteer for the alumni rep role, or would like to know more about what is involved, please contact Sandra at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do the alum rep draw on October 5th.
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Reema Faris, Featured TEDxGastownWomen Presenter
- Janet Routledge elected MLA for Burnaby North
- Evening Seminar with Dr. Rebecca Scott Yoshizawa
- Save the Date: Our Winter Social is on December 2nd!
- Big Idea Seminar Series 2016-2017
- Fall Alumni Seminar: Anger and Forgiveness
- 2016-2017 Alumni Representative Opportunity
- Animal Studies Reading Group Proposed
- Sonja Boon's Book "Telling the Flesh"
- Reema Faris, PhD Candidate
- Eugenia Bertulis, Faculty at Emily Carr
- Margaret Reynolds, 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Nominee
- Big Idea Seminar Series, Spring 2016
- Tracey Friesen's Latest Book On Shelves Now