Animal Studies Reading Group Proposed
GLS Alumna Ellen Yap and GLS/SAR PhD candidate Julie Andreyev are proposing a reading group based on key texts in critical animal studies, to be held monthly on Tuesday evenings from October-December 2016, at SFU Harbour Centre. Current GLS students, alumni and anyone else are welcome to participate!
The first meeting will discuss the different viewpoints introduced in Coetzee's Lives of Animals. The reading group will collectively decide on the rest of the books for the year. Let Ellen know if you are interested in attending, and more information will be sent out.
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Reema Faris, Featured TEDxGastownWomen Presenter
- Janet Routledge elected MLA for Burnaby North
- Evening Seminar with Dr. Rebecca Scott Yoshizawa
- Save the Date: Our Winter Social is on December 2nd!
- Big Idea Seminar Series 2016-2017
- Fall Alumni Seminar: Anger and Forgiveness
- 2016-2017 Alumni Representative Opportunity
- Animal Studies Reading Group Proposed
- Sonja Boon's Book "Telling the Flesh"
- Reema Faris, PhD Candidate
- Eugenia Bertulis, Faculty at Emily Carr
- Margaret Reynolds, 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Nominee
- Big Idea Seminar Series, Spring 2016
- Tracey Friesen's Latest Book On Shelves Now