Margaret Reynolds, 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Nominee
Congratulations to GLS alumna Margaret Reynolds for being nominated for a 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award in the category of Arts, Culture & Design.
"For more than 25 years, Margaret has worked tirelessly on behalf of BC-owned book publishers to ensure a vibrant publishing industry in the province. As the Executive Director of the Association of Book Publishers of BC she is a hub in the community, working with librarians, teachers, writers’ groups, booksellers and government. Among other accolades, she was awarded a Distinguished Service Award by the BC Teacher-Librarians Association. She has been a driving force behind many initiatives including Poetry in Transit and the Environmentally Sound Paper Initiative. She has supported the growth of BC’s book publishers to become leaders on the national and global publishing scene and has devoted many volunteer hours to organizations such as the Alliance for Arts and Culture."
For more information on the YWCA Women of Distinction Awared, see their website here.
Well done Margaret!
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Reema Faris, Featured TEDxGastownWomen Presenter
- Janet Routledge elected MLA for Burnaby North
- Evening Seminar with Dr. Rebecca Scott Yoshizawa
- Save the Date: Our Winter Social is on December 2nd!
- Big Idea Seminar Series 2016-2017
- Fall Alumni Seminar: Anger and Forgiveness
- 2016-2017 Alumni Representative Opportunity
- Animal Studies Reading Group Proposed
- Sonja Boon's Book "Telling the Flesh"
- Reema Faris, PhD Candidate
- Eugenia Bertulis, Faculty at Emily Carr
- Margaret Reynolds, 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Nominee
- Big Idea Seminar Series, Spring 2016
- Tracey Friesen's Latest Book On Shelves Now