Reema Faris, PhD Candidate
We’d like to extend extra-huge congratulations to Reema Faris, who has been accepted as a 2016 PhD candidate by the Department of Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies at SFU.
Reema will be looking at the relevance of feminism today and whether popular culture undermines the continuing search for social justice and equality, particularly for women and other marginalized populations. She will focus on the way in which women perceive and interpret images and narratives of the female experience that pop culture disseminates. Reema names this phenomenon “Feminism in the Age of Spectacle”. Way to go Reema!
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Reema Faris, Featured TEDxGastownWomen Presenter
- Janet Routledge elected MLA for Burnaby North
- Evening Seminar with Dr. Rebecca Scott Yoshizawa
- Save the Date: Our Winter Social is on December 2nd!
- Big Idea Seminar Series 2016-2017
- Fall Alumni Seminar: Anger and Forgiveness
- 2016-2017 Alumni Representative Opportunity
- Animal Studies Reading Group Proposed
- Sonja Boon's Book "Telling the Flesh"
- Reema Faris, PhD Candidate
- Eugenia Bertulis, Faculty at Emily Carr
- Margaret Reynolds, 2016 YWCA Women of Distinction Award Nominee
- Big Idea Seminar Series, Spring 2016
- Tracey Friesen's Latest Book On Shelves Now