Martha Nussbaum Event Photo Gallery
Thanks once again to everyone who came out to see visiting philosopher Martha Nussbaum. Professor Nussbaum’s visit was a memorable event that allowed GLS to pay tribute to a writer and thinker whose works have featured prominently in the GLS curriculum over the years. Her works have helped shaped our views on the role of emotion in politics and rational thought. They have also expanded our conception of justice. Finally, they have shown us how the Greek concept of eudaimonia still has applicability to our lives today.
This was a tremendously successful event, organised by SAR/GLS PhD candidates Duane Fontaine and Kerstin Stuerzbecher with the aid of Dr. Stephen Duguid as well as the great folks at SFU's Public Square. Dale Northey of SFU Creative Services did a phenomenal job of photographing the event for us. Photos can be found below.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event!
News and Events
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Lisa Roberson Lecture September 23
- Big Idea Seminar Series Fall 2017
- Upcoming GLS MA Defences, Summer 2017
- Save the Date! July 14: A Night of Curated GLS Artists & Our Summer Social
- Roberta Staley featured by Vancouver and MS Magazines
- Announcing the 2017 Shadbolt Seminar Series: "Arts, Criticism and the City"
- Congratulations to Julie Andreyev, the first SAR/GLS PhD Candidate to successfully defend her Doctoral dissertation!
- Martha Nussbaum Event Photo Gallery
- Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
- Julie Andreyev: PhD Thesis Defence
- Big Idea Seminar Series - Spring 2017
- Martha Nussbaum: Anger & Revolutionary Justice
- Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance - February 18, 2017
- GLS Open House - February 22, 2017