Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
GLS/SAR PhD candidate Andrew Czink has been featured by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences in a thoughtful graduate profile where he discusses the inspiration for his PhD project.
Andrew delves into his history with music and academia; his intentions as a musician and an academic; and most imperatively, his belief in breaking out of the traditional manners of engaging with music, instead exploring a more "holistic" interaction with music as a model which could be be expanded to encompass embodied and mindful relationships between self and society.
We are so proud to have created a space that fosters an environment in which dynamic students like Andrew call their academic home. Well done Andrew, we're looking forward to seeing you present as part of our upcoming GLS/Shadbolt Lecture series.
Read SFU's graduate profile on Andrew here.
News and Events
- Jim Babcock Lecture in Liberal Studies
- Save the Date! GLS Summer Social: Friday, July 20th
- Upcoming GLS MA Defence, Summer 2018
- GLS Open House - March 8
- GLS Open Houses - Jan 26 & Feb 23
- Exciting Changes in GLS Administration
- 2018 Bowen Island Retreat
- Save the Date! GLS Winter Social: Friday, Dec. 8th
- Jennifer Chutter featured in the Vancouver Metro newspaper
- GLS Open House - November 16, 2017
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Lisa Roberson Lecture September 23
- Big Idea Seminar Series Fall 2017
- Upcoming GLS MA Defences, Summer 2017
- Save the Date! July 14: A Night of Curated GLS Artists & Our Summer Social