Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
GLS/SAR PhD candidate Andrew Czink has been featured by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences in a thoughtful graduate profile where he discusses the inspiration for his PhD project.
Andrew delves into his history with music and academia; his intentions as a musician and an academic; and most imperatively, his belief in breaking out of the traditional manners of engaging with music, instead exploring a more "holistic" interaction with music as a model which could be be expanded to encompass embodied and mindful relationships between self and society.
We are so proud to have created a space that fosters an environment in which dynamic students like Andrew call their academic home. Well done Andrew, we're looking forward to seeing you present as part of our upcoming GLS/Shadbolt Lecture series.
Read SFU's graduate profile on Andrew here.
News and Events
- Upcoming GLS MA Defences, Summer 2017
- Save the Date! July 14: A Night of Curated GLS artists & our Summer Social
- Roberta Staley featured by Vancouver and MS Magazines
- Announcing the 2017 Shadbolt Seminar Series: "Arts, Criticism and the City"
- Congratulations to Julie Andreyev, the first SAR/GLS PhD Candidate to successfully defend her Doctoral dissertation!
- Martha Nussbaum Event Photo Gallery
- Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
- Julie Andreyev: PhD Thesis Defence
- Big Idea Seminar Series - Spring 2017
- Martha Nussbaum: Anger & Revolutionary Justice
- Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance - February 18, 2017
- GLS Open House - February 22, 2017
- Evening Seminar with Dr. Rebecca Scott Yoshizawa
- GLS Open House - January 9, 2017
- GLS Featured on Roundhouse Radio