Shawk Alani, Featured by the CBC
Current student Shawk Alani is making GLS proud once again. She has been featured by the CBC as a result of her amazing community involment, this time giving voices to Syrian children new to Vancouver. Tonight marks the opening of her gallery show Capturing Our Stories: An Exhibition of Syrian Children's Photography.
The photography collection is the result of The Photography Summer School, a series of workshops that Alani organised which gave Syrian children who have recently arrived in Canada the opportunity to explore the use of cameras and visual arts to represent stories of their lives and experiences.
The exhibition will be ongoing and open to the public at SFU's Interurban Gallery from September 1 to 10.
News and Events
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Lisa Roberson Lecture September 23
- Big Idea Seminar Series Fall 2017
- Upcoming GLS MA Defences, Summer 2017
- Save the Date! July 14: A Night of Curated GLS Artists & Our Summer Social
- Roberta Staley featured by Vancouver and MS Magazines
- Announcing the 2017 Shadbolt Seminar Series: "Arts, Criticism and the City"
- Congratulations to Julie Andreyev, the first SAR/GLS PhD Candidate to successfully defend her Doctoral dissertation!
- Martha Nussbaum Event Photo Gallery
- Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
- Julie Andreyev: PhD Thesis Defence
- Big Idea Seminar Series - Spring 2017
- Martha Nussbaum: Anger & Revolutionary Justice
- Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance - February 18, 2017
- GLS Open House - February 22, 2017