Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance - February 18, 2017
SFU Harbour Centre Campus
515 W. Hastings - Suite 1415
February 18th, 2017 - 7:30 pm
Join us Saturday, February 18th, 2017 at Harbour Centre for Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance of Reveries of a Solitary Biker.
Loosely based on Jean-Jacques Rousseau’s last book, Reveries of the Solitary Walker, Reveries of a Solitary Biker is a suite of poems printed as a deck of cards designed by print maker Kelly Haydon, and set to music by clarinetist François Houle. The poems consider the difficulties of living an anti-capitalist life, the continued invisibility of much of women’s labour, the paradoxes of daily life, the nature and implications of calculations of value, and the difficulties of sustainability. Audience members will be asked to draw cards from the deck; cards will be performed in the order drawn, making each performance unique, incomplete, and inconclusive.
Catriona Strang is a member of the GLS 2013 cohort, and the author of 4 books of poetry. Reveries of a Solitary Biker will be published in book form by Talonbooks in the fall of 2017.
News and Events
- MAD City: Mental Health Activism and Community-Based History
- Lisa Roberson Lecture September 23
- Big Idea Seminar Series Fall 2017
- Upcoming GLS MA Defences, Summer 2017
- Save the Date! July 14: A Night of Curated GLS Artists & Our Summer Social
- Roberta Staley featured by Vancouver and MS Magazines
- Announcing the 2017 Shadbolt Seminar Series: "Arts, Criticism and the City"
- Congratulations to Julie Andreyev, the first SAR/GLS PhD Candidate to successfully defend her Doctoral dissertation!
- Martha Nussbaum Event Photo Gallery
- Andrew Czink, Featured by FASS
- Julie Andreyev: PhD Thesis Defence
- Big Idea Seminar Series - Spring 2017
- Martha Nussbaum: Anger & Revolutionary Justice
- Catriona Strang's Thesis Project Performance - February 18, 2017
- GLS Open House - February 22, 2017