As an instructor you may ask, do I create conditions for well-being my class? Below are some questions to consider:
- Do you provide opportunities for personal development of students?
- Do you provide students with flexibility throughout the course?
- Do you offer opportunities for social interaction in class and through assignments?
- Do you aim to provide students with an optimal challenge without overwhelming them?
- Do you aim to create a positive classroom culture?
- Do the course activities offer students a sense of making a valued contribution?
- Do you offer instructor support to students when possible?
- Do you aim to provide access to resources available on campus to support student well-being and success?
- Do you provide opportunities for experiential or real life learning?
- Teaching and Learning Centre - Tips and Links: A Guide for New Faculty and Instructors at SFU (PDF)
Are there other things that you do in your class(es) that you feel support student well-being? Please let us know. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org