Fall Seminar Series returns in September on themes in Hellenic studies
Mark your calendars! Our annual Seminar Series returns this September and will include presentations on a wide range of Hellenic topics in the fields of Archaeology, Classics, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Modern Greek History, as well as Literary and Cultural Studies. Attendees can expect a mix of virtual and hybrid event delivery. The first seminar will begin on Friday, September 17th.
The majority of seminars will be held on Fridays and all are free and open to the public. All seminars will be accessible through Zoom. Links to register for individual events can be found below. Links will become live once registration has opened.
- September 17, 2021: Spyros Tsoutsoumpis (University of Lancaster & Friedrich Schiller University)- Virtual
- September 24, 2021: Raphael Cormack (Columbia University) - Virtual
- September 25, 2021: Maria Schoina (Artistotle University of Thessaloniki)- Virtual joint lecture co-hosted with UCLA's SNF Center for the Study of Hellenic Culture
- October 22, 2021: Sophia Handaka (Benaki Museum), Grace Nwoke and Menelaos Karamaghiolis - Virtual
- November 5, 2021: Danai Thomaidis (Simon Fraser University) - Hybrid
- November 26, 2021: Nikolaos Papadogiannis (University of St Andrews) - Virtual
- December 3, 2021: Ethan Schmidt (Simon Fraser University) - Hybrid
Check our events page for the latest updates. Titles and abstracts will be posted as they become available.