Office: AQ 6233
Area of Study: EUROPE
Future courses may be subject to change.
Modern Italian history; legal and social history; criminal law
Criminal Law in Liberal and Fascist Italy
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016
- "A Wide, Invisible Net: Administrative Deportation in Italy, 1863-1871," European History Quarterly 48:1 (2018), 5-33.
- "Forced Residence in Liberal Italy: A Pre-history, 1815-1865," Journal of Modern Italian Studies 16:1 (2011), 37-58.
- "In Vino Veritas: The Construction of Alcoholic Disease in Liberal Italy, 1880-1914," in Mack Holt, ed., Alcohol: A Social and Cultural History (Oxford: Berg, 2006), 61-76.
Areas of Graduate Supervision
- Helen and Howard R. Marraro Prize for Criminal Law in Liberal and Fascist Italy, American Historical Association, 2017.
- Small Research Grant, SSHRC, 2017.
- Small Research Grant, Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council, 2009.
- President’s Research Grant, Simon Fraser University, 2007.
- Best Unpublished Manuscript Prize, Society for Italian Historical Studies, USA, 2005.
- Essay Prize, Association for the Study of Modern Italy, London, UK, 2004.
- U.S. Department of Education Graduate Research Fellowship, Rome, Italy, 2000-2001.
- Rome Prize, American Academy in Rome, Italy, 1999-2000.