Ph.D., M.A., Comparative History, Brandeis University; B.A., Anthropology, Macalester College
Modern Italian history; legal and social history; criminal law
Criminal Law in Liberal and Fascist Italy
Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016
- "Forced Residence in Liberal Italy: A Pre-history, 1815-1865," Journal of Modern Italian Studies 16 (1) 2011: 37-58.
- "In Vino Veritas: The Construction of Alcoholic Disease in Liberal Italy, 1880-1914," in Mack Holt, ed., Alcohol: A Social and Cultural History (Oxford: Berg).
Areas of Graduate Supervision
- Small Research Grant, Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council, 2009.
- President’s Research Grant, Simon Fraser University, 2007.
- Best Unpublished Manuscript Prize, Society for Italian Historical Studies, USA, 2005.
- Essay Prize, Association for the Study of Modern Italy, London, UK, 2004.
- U.S. Department of Education Graduate Research Fellowship, Rome, Italy, 2000-2001.
- Rome Prize, American Academy in Rome, Italy, 1999-2000.