Getting your Card
Faculty and Staff
Getting your SFU ID card is simple. Please visit the Registrar and Information Services counter at the Burnaby, Surrey or Vancouver campus 24 hours after your first official day of employment to have your picture taken. A valid piece of photo identification is required when you are picking up your SFU card.
Pick up your card:
- When: Once your paperwork has been processed by Human Resources and you have received written confirmation
- Where: Registrar and Information Services
To learn more about your SFU ID card and how to use it, see Managing your SFU Card.
Acceptable photo identification
To get your SFU ID card you must present one of the following photo IDs: (Full name and date of birth must be in English)
- Birth certificate (must be presented with photo ID)
- Driver’s licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- GoCard (must be presented with birth certificate or CareCard)
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Canadian citizenship certificate
- Permanent resident card
Expired IDs cannot be accepted.
- Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible
- Sunglasses cannot be worn
- Hats cannot be worn
- Smiling is allowed
- Photograph must not be altered in any way
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
- Head coverings are not allowed unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
Women wearing a face cover can make an appointment at Registrar and Information Services to be photographed without the face cover by a female staff member in the private ID room by calling 778.782.6930 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.