Getting your Card
Faculty and Staff
At this time, we are only producing ID Cards for SFU community members who reside within the lower mainland and have a demonstrated need, e.g., staff and faculty working on campus.
In an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus we have transitioned our Staff and Faculty ID Card production to an online process. Please complete the web form including identification and a picture (if required) to request your SFU ID Card. Your card will be mailed to the address provided to Human Resources and showing in goSFU. If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
To learn more about your SFU ID card and how to use it, see Managing your SFU Card.
Acceptable photo identification
To get your SFU ID card, you must present one of the following valid photo IDs with your full name and date of birth in English (please note, expired documents will be rejected):
- Passport - must include a signed signature page
- Birth certificate*
- Driver’s licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- GoCard (must be presented with birth certificate or CareCard)
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Canadian citizenship certificate*
- Permanent resident card
*Must be presented with photo ID, if photo not included.
Photo standards for submitted photo
You must also submit a photo that can be included on your SFU ID card and that meets the following standards:
- Be taken on a plain coloured, smooth background
- Be taken straight on, face square to the camera, with a clear view of the entire face and shoulders
- Contain no head coverings (e.g., hats, headphones or masks) unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Show open and visible eyes
- Not be altered in any way
- Be in colour (no black-and-white)
- Reflect current appearance (no filters)
- Be saved as a .jpg/.jpeg