Getting your Card
New FIC students
Getting your FIC ID card is simple. Visit the Registrar and Information Services front counter at the Burnaby campus with valid photo ID to have your photo taken and your card printed, 24 hours after you have enrolled in your classes.
Pick up your FIC ID card:
- When: 24 hours after you have been assigned a UNI number (found in your Student Portal)
- Where: Registrar and Information Services
Acceptable photo identification
To get your FIC ID card you must present one of the following photo IDs: (Full name and date of birth must be in English)
- Birth certificate (must be presented with photo ID)
- Driver’s licence
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Permanent Resident Card
Expired IDs cannot be accepted.
- Photograph taken must show a full head
- Head coverings (eg, hats, headphones or masks) are not allowed unless worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible
- Sunglasses may not be worn
- Smiling is allowed
- Photograph must not be altered in any way
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
Women wearing a face cover can make an appointment at Registrar and Information Services to be photographed without the face cover by a female staff member in the private ID room by calling 778.782.6930 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.