Getting your Card
There are two types of visitor cards: the Athletics and Recreation Membership ID Card and the Library External Borrower Card.
The Athletics and Recreation Membership ID Card can be purchased at the Recreation main office at the Burnaby campus. Please see the Burnaby Recreation Membership Fee Schedule for more information. Please note that the Vancouver and Surrey campuses do not offer an Athletics and Recreation Membership ID Card for non-SFU students.
External Borrower cards can be purchased at the circulation desk at the Bennett Library, the Belzberg Library or at the Surrey Campus Library. External borrowers must be 18 years or older. All borrowing is subject to the Library Loans Policy.
Pick up your SFU Visitor card:
- When: Any time during hours of operation. Please check Contact us for hours of operation for each office.
- Where: From the circulation desk of the Bennet Library, the Belzberg Library or the Surrey Campus Library
Acceptable photo identification
To get your SFU Visitor card, you must present one of the following valid photo IDs with your full name and date of birth in English:
- Birth certificate*
- Driver’s licence
- Certificate of Indian Status
- Federal government employee ID
- Provincial government employee ID
- Municipal government employee ID
- Canadian citizenship certificate*
- Permanent resident card
- Photograph taken must show a full head
- Head coverings (e.g. hats, masks, or headphones) are not allowed unless it is worn for religious beliefs or medical reasons
- Tinted prescription glasses may be worn as long as the eyes are clearly visible
- Sunglasses cannot be worn
- Smiling is allowed
- Photograph must not be altered in any way
- Photograph must reflect current appearance
Women wearing a face cover can make an appointment at Registrar and Information Services to be photographed without the face cover by a female staff member in the private ID room by calling 778.782.6930 or emailing email@example.com.