Replacing and maintaining your card
Lost or stolen cards
You may need to replace your lost or stolen ID Card for the following reasons:
- If you plan to visit campus or live in SFU Residence and Housing
- If you use your U-Pass BC to access TransLink public transit
In an effort to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus we have transitioned our ID Card production to an online process. Please complete the web form including identification to request your replacement ID Card. Your card will be mailed to the mailing address you’ve provided in goSFU. Pickup is limited to those students living in SFU Residence and Housing.
At this time, we are only producing ID Cards for FIC or SFU students, faculty and staff who reside in the lower mainland. If you have questions about this process, please contact us.
Replacements card for
Fee (tax included)
|Burnaby or Vancouver campus student replacements cards:
Surrey campus student replacement cards:
Note: Once a replacement SFU card is issued, any previously issued SFU ID card will become inactive. If you find an inactive card, you should destroy it.
Caring for your card
Your SFU ID card is designed to last a long time. It is one of the most important pieces of identification you will carry during your time at Simon Fraser University. Take good care of it!
- Do not tamper with your photograph or any information on your SFU ID card.
- Keep it away from sources of heat.
- Keep it away from keys or anything that can scratch it. Scratches may make the barcode or magnetic strip unreadable. Also, if the writing is no longer legible, the card may not be accepted.
- Remove it from your pocket before washing and drying your clothes.
- Do not bend it or punch holes through it.
- Do not lend your SFU card to anyone. You are responsible for all transactions on it, authorised or not.