Using your card adding funds
Mandatory meal plans
For residents of Doris and Jack Shadbolt House, Barbara Rae House, and Pauline Jewett House, purchasing a meal plan is mandatory. The meal plan is automatically charged to your student account. You can upgrade your meal plan or add Dining Dollars at any time throughout the term online at Dine on Campus or in person at the Dining Hall front reception. There are several meal plans available.
Voluntary meal plans
Residents in buildings other than those listed above are eligible to register for a meal plan. Registration can be done at the Dining Hall or online. The same meal plan procedures apply for all SFU residents.
All residence students must abide by the SFU Residence and Housing License Agreement and adhere to all their regulations at all times while on a meal plan.
- Once your meal plan payment has been confirmed, your ID is activated and provides unlimited access to your meal plan.
- The SFU student ID card is the sole method of payment accepted for meals purchased under a meal plan and must be shown at each use.
- If you do not present your SFU student ID card to pay for your purchase, you must use another form of payment (cash, debit or credit) which will be additional charges at your expense.
- If you forget, lose or deactivate your SFU student ID, you will be required to use another payment method until you obtain a replacement SFU student ID from Registrar and Information Services. Replacement fees may apply.
- All meal purchases are final once a transaction is approved. If you use a payment method other than your student ID card to purchase a meal (including cases where your student ID card is lost or stolen), the amount of the payment cannot be applied to your meal plan.
For more information about meal plans, visit Dining Services