Liberal & Business Studies Program
An important form of financial assistance is employer sponsorship. The benefits of the LBS program to organizations have persuaded many employers to sponsor their employees.
- Sponsorship is an investment in the professional development of employees
- Organizations benefit immediately — from the first semester, employees learn to apply new concepts and approaches to workplace situations
Typically, employers provide support by agreeing to:
- allow some work-hour flexibility so that employees can attend all classes. This means ensuring that employees are free from workplace responsibilities on alternate Fridays, six times each semester
- provide opportunities for their employees to apply learning to real projects within the organization during the three-year period
- provide monetary support for all or part of the tuition
- consider class times when scheduling business travel
- avoid transferring the employee out of the region
A significant number of students are financially sponsored either in full or in part by their employers. All employers provide support in the form of time-off to attend classes.
The courses and dates are chosen and the timeline is set. This lets me maintain balance in my life. A full time job does not allow time to enrol and choose courses each semester - this program takes care of those concerns."
Manager Corporate Team,