- SFU in the World
- Chris Dagg Award
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
SFU/Griffith University Collaborative Travel Grants
Griffith University and Simon Fraser University have signed a memorandum of understanding which aims to expand cooperation, exchange of ideas and research collaborations between the two institutions in the areas of: drug discovery, environmental sciences and environmental planning, forest ecology, forest management and climate change adaptation, behavioural and cognitive neuroscience, mental health and addiction, public health, bioinformatics and genomics, big data, criminology, business, tourism, musicology and such other areas as the parties shall agree.
Priority will be given to applications in one or more of the disciplinary areas listed above. Applications which meet the below criteria will be assessed favourably:
- Collaborations that are already established and producing research outputs;
- Proposals that have leveraged other sources of funds that can enhance the scope and impact of the proposed initiative; and
- Applications which include PhD student and/or early career researcher mobility.
Grants will normally be awarded in the range of $5,000 to $15,000 and should be directed principally at travel costs.
Each application must include a team of researchers with at least one researcher from each institution. Teams must include early career researchers as well as more experienced and senior researchers. Early career researchers are encouraged to be lead proponents of the proposal with a senior researcher acting as their mentor.
Only one application will be accepted for each project and should be submitted to the institution of the first named Chief Investigator. Documents to be submitted are:
- Application Form
- SFU Signature Sheet
- Copy of the CV for each team members
Submit application materials to SFU Office of Research Services at email@example.com by the deadline.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Office of Research Services.