Founded in 1999, VANTEC, the Vancouver Angel Technology Network, provides networking and support for many start-up companies in the Lower Mainland and across BC by linking early-stage investors and mentors to promising technology ventures.
A VANTEC performance evaulation indicated that:
- 50% of the companies that present at VANTEC raise angel funds, which is a very high success rate
- The mean amount of angel investment reported by companies was $250,000
- 20% of presenting companies go on to secure venture capital, and the total amount raised since 1999 exceeds $200 million
- 85% of the 235 companies that presented at VANTEC have continued to grow and prosper
- The presenting companies have created approximately 1,000 jobs since VANTEC’s inception in 1999.