Venture Internship Application
To be considered for Venture Intern, a student must be preparing for their MBA Internship semester. Check eligibility with SFU Career Management Centre.
Students applying to Venture Intern must meet all of the following prerequisites:
- Have a clear business idea.
- Have a services, product or licensing business model which plans to employ multiple people and where business growth is a major objective. It cannot be a structure to achieve a ‘lifestyle’.
- Be a self starter, driven and want to be an entrepreneur.
- Be prepared to commit full time to the proposed venture without living expense support.
If at time of application the student has an existing business which will be a focus of the work term, this business must meet all of the following prerequisites:
- Have at least 50% of its management control held by SFU students.
- Have a clear business concept and presentation.
- Have defined management roles and five or fewer members on its management team.
- Check to ensure you meet the eligibility criteria above.
- Download the Venture Connection Intake Form (link below).
- Email your completed intake form to: Janice OBriain - Associate Director (email@example.com), copied to: Sandy Moore - Manager, MBA Careers (firstname.lastname@example.org).