Closed - RA Opportunity: Medical School Project
Posted on behalf of the Office of the Vice-President Academic. This position is not associated with the ISTLD.
Research Assistant Opportunity Medical School Project
The Office of the Vice-President Academic invites application for a research assistant for the Medical School Project at SFU for a six-month position. The position will begin asap and end March 31, 2022.
This position is supported by the Director, Strategic Projects & Analysis.
Research Assistant responsibilities include:
- Conducting data analysis
- Performing surveys and/or conducting interviews and/or focus groups
- Assisting reporting of findings (e.g. presentation, final report)
- Organizing research information (databases, spreadsheets, written reports)
- Attend regular meetings with the Director in a virtual meeting environment (e.g. Zoom) and/or in-person, depending on how Covid protocols at SFU evolve.
- Overseeing other research-related logistics
Required qualification, skills and experience:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program SFU (qualified and experience undergraduates may also be considered);
- Familiarity with public health and Indigenous health in Canada (e.g. personal experience, coursework, experience working with public health and Indigenous communities);
- Expertise with analyzing and summarizing data (including survey data);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong oral and written communication skills; and
- Experience in academic writing as demonstrated in assessment or previous projects
- Ability to work independently, productively, and creatively;
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite
Rate of Pay: $20-$26/hr (incl. vacation and statutory holiday pay, no medical or dental benefits) – based on experience, qualifications and degree programs (PhD or MPH, MsC). Position will be 10-15 hours/week.
To apply: Applicants should submit: (1) a 1-page cover letter highlighting qualifications, skills, role responsibilities, and previous applicable experience as listed above, (2) a 1-2-page resume. These two items should be organized as one PDF attachment and addressed to Kelli Whittle, Director, Strategic Projects & Analysis, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject header: Medical School RA Position.
Application deadline: October 15, 2021. We appreciate all replies to this position posting; however, we will only contract short-listed applicants.