SFU is offering access to the highly versatile SFU vault cloud storage service to faculty, staff, and students who have an active SFU Computing ID. This service is available at no cost and can be used across multiple devices.
SFU vault provides easy file sharing between teams or individual users to assist in the various projects undertaken by University members and to foster collaboration from external access points.
Faculty, staff, and students will only require Internet connectivity from any location to manage their files in the cloud storage system. The benefits of using SFU vault include:
- Easy to learn folder-based file syncing and sharing;
- Access files from any desktop or mobile device;
- Automatically backs up data;
- Uses versioning control so users can easily access previous versions of files;
- Space quota of 50 GB; and
- Support is provided by the University.
All SFU files uploaded into the system will be protected under the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA), which alleviates any risk of storing sensitive information within US-based cloud storage providers such as Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
Click here to visit the SFU vault client page to get started with your software.