- Programs & Courses
- Student Resources
- SFU Morgan Centre
- TA/TM Portal
- Teaching-Instructor Portal
- Support us
Research Assistant Opportunity: Labour Studies Webinar Series
Simon Fraser University’s Labour Studies Program invites applications for a research assistant appointment for the Labour Studies Webinar Series titled, “Labour Unraveled”, to begin November 2020.
Research assistant responsibilities include:
- Liaising with the organizing committee and other seminar partners
- Organizing and scheduling webinars
- Corresponding with guest speakers
- Coordinating IT requirements with SFU IT Services
- Providing support on the day of the scheduled webinars
- Administering an evaluation designed by the organizing committee
- Corresponding with attendees
- Creating a marketing and communication strategy for advertising the webinars
- Liaising with Labour Studies and University Communications staff to leverage the marketing for the webinars
- Reporting progress of tasks to the organizing committee each week
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate program at SFU
- Experience with organizing events
- Works well independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Office suite
- Skilled use of evaluation tools and platforms
Rate of pay:
$25/hr (excl. vacation and statutory holiday pay, medical or dental benefits)
Fall 2020 – 20-40 hours; Spring 2021 – 20-40 hours; Summer 2021 – 20–40 hours. Possibility of additional hours. The contract will be for November/December 2020 in the first instance and will be renewed upon review for additional terms.
To apply, applicants should submit:
- a 1-page cover letter structured to address the qualifications, skills, and role responsibilities as listed above; and
- a 1-2 page resumé with two references listed.
These two items should be organized as one PDF attachment and addressed to Dr. Kendra Strauss, and emailed to email@example.com.
Note: Letters of reference will only be requested from short-listed applicants.
Application deadline: Wednesday, November 11 at 4:30PM
Interviews will be conducted on Thursday November 12 and/or Friday November 13. We appreciate all replies to this position posting, however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.