- Agricultural Employees. (Nov, 2015) Ontario Ministry of Labour. Retrieved from: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_agri.php
- Domestic Workers. (Oct, 2017) Ontario Ministry of Labour. Retrieved from: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_domestics.php
- Drolet, M. (2017) Getting your foot in the door: A look at entry-level job vacancies in Canada. Statistics Canada, 1-12. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2017001/article/54898-eng.pdf
- Drolet, M. (2017) Linking labour demand and labour supply: Job vacancies and the unemployed. Statistics Canada, 1-19. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2017001/article/54878-eng.pdf
- Employment Standards Branch. (2017) Minimum Wage. Government of British Columbia, 1-2. Retrieved from: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/employment-business-and-economic-development/employment-standards-workplace-safety/employment-standards/factsheets-pdfs/pdfs/minimum_wage.pdf
- Fields, A., Uppal, S., LaRochelle-Cote, S. (2017) The impact of aging on labour market participation rates. Statistics Canada, 1-12. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2017001/article/14826-eng.pdf
- Galarneau, D., Fecteau, E. (2014) The ups and downs of minimum wage. Statistics Canada, 1-14. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2014001/article/14035-eng.pdf
- Galarneau, D., Hinchley, C., Ntwari, A. (2017) Labour market outcomes of graduates from universities in the Maritime provinces. Statistics Canada, 1-17. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2017001/article/14798-eng.pdf
- Galarneau, D., Turcotte, M., Carriere, Y., Fecteau, E. (2015) The local unemployment rate and permanent retirement. Statistics Canada, 1-8. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2015001/article/14155-eng.pdf
- Heisz, A., Notten, G., Situ, J. (2016) The association between skills and low income. Statistics Canada, 1-9. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2016001/article/14322-eng.pdf
- Homeworkers. (Oct, 2017) Ontario Ministry of Labour. Retrieved from: https://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/factsheets/fs_homeworkers.php
- Summary Report on Employment Standards Stakeholder Engagement Process. (2011) Ministry of Labour, Citizens’ Services and Open Government, 1-22. Retrieved from: http://www.llbc.leg.bc.ca/public/pubdocs/bcdocs2011/471021/stakeholder_engagement_report.pdf
- Thompson, M. (1994) Rights and Responsibilities in Changing Workplace: A Review of Employment Standards in British Columbia. Ministry of Skills, Training and Labour, 1-180. Retrieved from: http://www.qp.gov.bc.ca/govtinfo/thompson.pdf
- Uppal, S., LaRochelle-Cote, S. (2013) Employment changes across industries during the downturn and recovery. Statistics Canada, 1-12. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2013001/article/11775-eng.pdf
- Uppal, S., LaRochelle-Cote, S. (2015) Changes in wealth across the income distribution, 1999 to 2012. Statistics Canada, 1-12. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2015001/article/14194-eng.pdf
- Wall, K. (2017) Low income among persons with a disability in Canada. Statistics Canada, 1-15. Retrieved from: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/75-006-x/2017001/article/54854-eng.pdf
- Baker, M., Benjamin, D., Stanger, S. (1999) The Highs and Lows of the Minimum Wage Effect: A Time-Series Cross-Section of the Canadian Law. Journal of Labor Economics, 17(2), 318-350. Retrieved from: http://faculty.econ.ucdavis.edu/faculty/ahstevens/bakeretal99.pdf
- Beaudry, P., Green, D., Sand, B. (2014) In Search of Labor Demand. University of British Columbia Vancouver School of Economics, 1-43. Retrieved from: https://economics.ubc.ca/files/2014/10/pdf_paper_david-green-search-labour-demand.pdf
- Brennan, J., & Stanford, J. (2014) Dispelling Minimum Wage Mythology: The Minimum Wage and the Impact on Jobs in Canada, 1983-2012. Canadian Centre for Policy Alternative, 1-25.
- Brochu, P., & Green, D.A. (2013) The Impact of Minimum Wages on Labour Market Transitions. The Economic Journal, 123, 1203-1235. DOI: 10.1111/ecoj.12032
- Campolieti, M., Fang, T., Gunderson, M. (2005) Minimum wage impacts on youth employment transitions, 1993 – 1999. Canadian Journal of Economics, 38(1), 81-104. DOI: 10.1111/j.0008-4085.2005.00270.x. Retrieved from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0008-4085.2005.00270.x/abstract
- Campolieti, M., Gunderson, M., Riddell, C. (2005) Minimum Wage Impacts from a Pre-Specified Research Design: Canada 1981 – 97. Centre for Economics and Public Affairs University of Toronto, 1-33. Retrieved from: https://deslibris.ca/ID/201653
- Fortin, N. M., & Lemieux, T. (2014) Changes in Wage Inequality in Canada: An Interprovincial Perspective. Canadian Labour Market and Skills Research Network, 1-42.
- Green, D. A. (2014) What is Minimum Wage For? Empirical Results and Theories of Justice. Canadian Public Policy, 40 (4), 293-314. DOI: 10.3138/cpp.2014-058
- Rybczynski, K., Sen, A. (2017) Employment Effects of the Minimum Wage: Panel Data Evidence from Canadian Provinces. Contemporary Economic Policy, 36(1), 116-135. DOI: 10.1111/coep.12241
Think Tanks/Bank Reports
- Battle, K. (2015) Minimum Wage Rates in Canada: 1965 – 2015. The Caledon Institute of Social Policy, 1-30.
- BC Employment Standards Coalition (2017). Workers’ Stories of Exploitation & Abuse: Why BC Employment Standards Need to Change Summary Report. Retrieved from: http://bcemploymentstandardscoalition.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Summary-Report-Workers-Stories-of-Exploitation-and-Abuse.pdf
- Burleton, D., Dolega, M., Ignjatovic, D. (2017) Ontario’s Proposed Minimum Wage Hike: An Economic Assessment. Toronto-Dominion Bank Economics, 1-8. Retrieved from: https://www.td.com/economics/analysis/economics.jsp
- Eisen, B., Lammam, C., Watson, D. (2017) Ontario Enters Uncharted Waters with a $15 Minimum Wage. Fraser Institute, 1-11.
- Marchand, J. (2017) Thinking about Minimum Wage Increases in Alberta, Theoretically, Empirically, and Regionally. C.D. Howe Institute, 1-20.
- Murphy, R., Lammam, C., MacIntyre, H. (2016) Raising the Minimum Wage: Misguided Policy, Unintended Consequences. Fraser Institute, 1-76.
- National Bank of Canada. (2017) Minimum Wage: How much is too much? Retrieved from: https://www.nbc.ca/content/dam/bnc/en/rates-and-analysis/economic-analysis/special-report-27sept2017.pdf
- Benzie, R. (2017, Sept 26) TD warns raising minimum wage could cost 90,000 jobs. Toronto Star. Retrieved from: https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2017/09/26/td-warns-raising-minimum-wage-could-cost-90k-jobs.html
- Eisen, B. (2017, Nov 6) Upcoming minimum wage hikes threaten younger and less-skilled Ontarians. The Fraser Institute Blog. Retrieved from: https://www.fraserinstitute.org/blogs/upcoming-minimum-wage-hikes-threaten-younger-and-less-skilled-ontarians
- Eisen, B., Lammam, C. (2017, Oct 11) Minimum wage hikes – flawed anti-poverty policy. The Fraser Institute Blog. Retrieved from: https://www.fraserinstitute.org/article/minimum-wage-hikes-flawed-anti-poverty-policy
- Marowits, R. (2017, Aug 15) Metro grocery chain looking at automation to offset higher Ontario minimum wage. Toronto Star. Retrieved from: https://www.thestar.com/business/2017/08/15/metro-grocery-chain-looking-at-automation-to-offset-higher-ontario-minimum-wage.html
- Megan Gillis. (2017) Local restaurant hikes base wages to $16 and argues others can, too. Ottawa Citizen, 1-6. Retrieved from: http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/local-restaurant-hikes-base-wages-to-16-and-argues-others-can-too
- Rozworski, M. (2017, Jun 29) Economists support $15 minimum wage in Ontario. The Progressive Economics Forum. Retrieved from: http://www.progressive-economics.ca/2017/06/29/economists-support-15-minimum-wage-in-ontario/
- Yalnizyan, A. (2014, Feb 05) Why the minimum wage debate isn’t going to go away. The Globe and Mail, 1-4. Retrieved from: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/economy-lab/why-the-minimum-wage-debate-isnt-going-to-go-away/article16710873/
- Anxo, D., Boulin, J., Cabrita, J., & Vermeylen, G. (2017) Working time patterns for sustainable work. Publication Office of the European Unioun, 1-80. DOI: 10.2806/736407
- Belman, D., Wonfson, P.J. (2014) What Does the Minimum Wage Do? Retrieved from: http://research.upjohn.org/up_press/227/
- Card, D., Katz, L.F., & Krueger, A.B. (1994) Comment on David Neumark and William Wascher, “Employment Effects of Minimum and Subminimum Wages: Panel Data on State Minimum Wage Laws”. ILR Review, 47(3), 487-497. Retrieved from: https://www.jstor.org/stable/2524979?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
- Card, D., Krueger, A.B. (2016) Myth and Measurement: The New Economics of the Minimum Wage.
- Clemens, J., & Wither, M. (2016) The Minimum Wage and the Great Recession: Evidence of Effects on the Employment and Income Trajectories of Low-Skilled Workers. National Bureau of Economic Research, 21830, 1-70. DOI: 10.3386/w21830
- Dube, A., Lester, T.W., & Reich, M. (2010) Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Continuous Counties. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 92(4), 945-964. DOI: 10.1162/REST_a_00039. Retrieved from: http://www.mitpressjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1162/REST_a_00039
- Dube, A., Lester, T.W., & Reich, M. (2016) Minimum Wage Shocks, Employment Flows, and Labor Market Frictions. Journal of Labor Economics, 34(3), 663-704. Retrieved from: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/pdfplus/10.1086/685449
- Jardim, E., Long, M., Plotnick, R., Inwegen, E., Vigdor, J., Wething, H. (2017) Minimum Wage Increases, Wages, and Low-Wage Employment: Evidence from Seattle. National Bureau of Economic Research, 1-63. DOI: 10.3386/w23532
- Lordan, G., Neumark, D. (2017) People Versus Machines: The Impact of Minimum Wages on Automatable Jobs. National Bureau of Economics, 23667, 1-39. DOI: 10.3386/w23667
- Luca, D.L., Luca, M. (2017) Survival of the Fittest: The Impact on the Minimum Wage on Firm Exit. Harvard Business School, 1-33.
- MaCurdy, T. (2015) How Effective is the Minimum Wage at Supporting the Poor? Journal of Political Economy, 123(2), 497-545. Retrieved from: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/679626
- Neumark, D. (2001) The Employment Effects of Minimum Wages: Evidence from a Prespecified Research Design. Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, 40(1), 121-144. DOI: 10.1111/0019-8676.00199. Retrieved from: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/0019-8676.00199/abstract
- Otten, J. et al. (2017) The Impact of a City-Level Minimum-Wage Policy on Supermarket Food Prices in Seattle-King County. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 14(9), 1039. DOI: 10.3390/ijerph14091039
- Portugal, P., & Cardoso, A.R. (2006) Disentangling the Minimum Wage Puzzle: An Analysis of Worker Accessions and Separations. Journal of the European Economic Association, 4(5), 988-1013. Retrieved from: http://www.jstor.org/stable/40004962
- Schmitt, J. (2013) Why Does the Minimum Wage Have No Discernible Effect on Employment? Centre for Economic and Policy Research, 1-30.
- The Seattle Minimum Wage Team. (2017) Report on Non-profit Response to Minimum Wage. University of Washington, 1-35.
- The Seattle Minimum Wage Team. (2016) Report on Baseline Employer Survey and Worker Interviews. University of Washington, 1-30.
- The Seattle Minimum Wage Team. (2016) Report on the Impact of Seattle’s Minimum Wage Ordinance on Wages, Workers, Jobs, and Establishments Through 2015. University of Washington, 1-57.
Think Tank/Bank Reports
- Reich, M., Allegretto, S., Godoey, A. (2017) Seattle’s Minimum Wage Experience 2015-16. Center of Wage and Employment Dynamics, 1-26.
- Shambaugh, J., Nunn, R., Liu, P., Nantz, G. (2017) Thirteen Facts about Wage Growth. The Hamilton Project, 1-19.
- OECD. (1997) OECD Submission to The UK Low Pay Mission. OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers, 29, 1-33.
- Cowan, J., Kessler, J. (2017, Nov 17) A Smarter Minimum Wage. The New York Times. Retrieved from: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/opinion/a-smarter-minimum-wage.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region%C2%AEion=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region
- Porter, E. (2017, Nov 28) Retail Jobs Don’t Need to Be Bad. Here’s Proof. The New York Times. Retrieved from: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/28/business/economy/retail-work.html?mwrsm=Email
- Scheiber, N. (2017, Jun 26) How a Rising Minimum Wage Affects Jobs in Seattle. The New York Times. Retrieved from: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/26/business/economy/seattle-minimum-wage.html