Work Experience in Labour Studies
LBST students have the opportunity to complete up to four semesters of co-op during their degree. Co-operative education allows students gain work experience in their field of study, applying what they learn in the classroom and acquiring new skills on the job.
Minimum CGPA: 2.75.
Commitment to complete three co-op terms before graduation.
Research Project Funding
Students have the opportunity to apply for funded research opportunities through Awards and Funding.
Sample Co-op Opportunities
Sample current co-op employers:
- BC Ministry of Ministry of Jobs, Trade and Technology
- BC Government Employees Union
- BC Nurses Union
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
- Employment and Social Development Canada
Sample co-op jobs:
- Employment Standards Officer
- Policy and program Analyst
- Data Management Analyst
- Information Officer/Event Coordinator
- Research and Reporting
- Research and Communications Assistant
Careers in Labour Studies
The world is changing rapidly and you have no way of knowing the full range of career opportunities available to you in the future. These occupations are traditionally associated with this program. Just don't be surprised if they look a little different by the time you graduate!
- Account Representative
- Community and Advocacy Groups
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
- Employee Relations Representative
- Employee Welfare Manager
- Government Service
- Human Resource Management
- Human Rights
- Labour Law
- Labour Organizer
- Labour and Policy Research
- Labour Relations Manager
- Occupational Analyst
- Social Service Work
- Training Specialist
- Union Staff Representative