Distinguished SFU Professor
Royal Society of Canada Fellow
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 778-782-5585
- Office: RCB 8109
- Personal site: http://www.sfu.ca/~mtaboada/
- Interests: Discourse Analysis and Pragmatics, Corpus Linguistics, Computational Linguistics and Cognitive Science, Syntax and Semantics and Applied Linguistics
- PhD, Linguistics, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- MSc, Computational Linguistics, Carnegie Mellon University
- MA, English Philology, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Dr. Taboada works in the areas of discourse analysis, systemic functional linguistics and computational linguistics. She has done research on discourse relations and sentiment analysis. Current work focuses on the analysis of online comments, combining insights from corpus linguistics, computational linguistics and big data. She is the director of the Discourse Processing Lab at SFU.
Future courses may be subject to change.