Every Student Has a Story. Make a Difference Today.
The Department of Linguistics is grateful for the ongoing generosity of our supporters.
Connect with the Linguistics Student Union (LSU)
If you are a Linguistics major, minor, or even just taking a Linguistics elective at SFU, you are a member of the LSU!
What is the LSU?
The Linguistics Student Union (LSU) is a student organization that serves and represents the undergraduate linguistics student population (LSU members) within the Department of Linguistics and the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences. The LSU aims to inform and engage its members through social, academic, and career-oriented events. In addition, the LSU makes linguistics-themed merchandise available for all students and staff. The LSU receives funding from the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) once a semester, and funds are put towards events and activities for its members.
Get involved by:
- Doing LSU surveys to get your voice heard (and win prizes)!
- Attending LSU events to meet the linguistics community (and have free food).
- Following the LSU Facebook group and page to keep up with LSU news and events.
- Showing off your LSU merch around SFU Campuses.
- Attending LSU General meetings to vote in our decisions or even become an LSU exec member!