Calculus Readiness Test
Calculus Readiness Test
Calculus Readiness Test Info
The prerequisite set by the SFU Department of Mathematics for the first Calculus courses:
MATH 151 is Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) with a grade of at least A or Math 100 precalculus with a grade of at least B or a satisfactory score on the Calculus Readiness Test.
MATH 150 is Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) with a grade of at least B+ or Math 100 with a grade of at least B- or a satisfactory score on the Calculus Readiness Test.
MATH 154 or 157 is Pre-calculus 12 (or equivalent) with a grade of at least B
or MATH 100 with a grade of at least C or a satisfactory score on the Calculus Readiness Test.
If you are unsure whether your mathematics knowledge is sufficient to succeed in the Calculus course of your choice, or if your mathematical background is not recent, we strongly recommend that you take the Calculus Readiness Test, or at least try the Practice Calculus Readiness Test.
Since you are allowed to take the Calculus Readiness Test only once, we recommend that you become familiar with the list of Calculus Assessment Topics that underlie the questions which may appear on the test, and that you attempt the Practice Calculus Readiness Test that is provided for your guidance before you actually take the Calculus Readiness Test. Note that, for the purpose of the Calculus Readiness Test, we treat the end of an Add-Drop period as the beginning of the next semester.
IMPORTANT Registration Instructions
Stated below is the procedure you must follow in order to take the test (you first must have accepted the offer of admission to SFU):
- Activate your SFU computing ID (if you haven't already done so)
- Check the schedule below and find your preferred test date. If no dates are listed, check back until the website is updated.
- Write to email@example.com with Calculus Readiness Test in the subject line to schedule the test. All test are taken at the Burnaby Campus. You MUST email from your SFU email account and include the following in the body of the email:
* Your full legal name
* Your student number
* Your preferred test date/s in order of preference (from the scheduled tests below)
* Your reason for writing the test
If you do not follow these instructions precisely, your email will be discarded.
Please do not send multiple emails.
You must bring a picture ID when you come to take the test. You will have 1.5 hours to complete the test. Please note that you will not be permitted to bring any electronic devices to the test site, but the software you will be using will allow you to access a basic four-function calculator if you should wish to do so.
There are 30 questions on the test. To be admitted to MATH 151, you must answer at least 24 questions correctly. For the other Calculus courses, the passing score is 20.
- This test can only be written a single time.
- You are only allowed one test cancellation per term.
Upcoming Test Dates
- Jul 09, 10:00am - 11:30am, Burnaby Campus
- Jul 18, 10:00am - 11:30am, Burnaby Campus
- Jul 27, 2:00pm - 3:30pm, Burnaby Campus
- Aug 07, 10:00am - 11:30am, Burnaby Campus
- Aug 13, 4:00pm - 5:30pm, Burnaby Campus
Page maintained by Bryant Kamlade.