These forms must be submitted, in-person, to the Undergraduate Advisor. Please note that entry into all MATH and MACM courses, excluding MACM 101, is via the Department of Mathematics. All inquiries related to MACM 101 must be directed to the School of Computing Science.
Students seeking to enroll in this section must complete this form and submit to the Department of Mathematics by Monday, December 18, 2017.
Students must complete this form if they wish to enroll in a MATH or MACM course that has a schedule conflict with a course in which they are already enrolled. Conflicts are typically caused by time or location conflicts of lectures/tutorials or exams.
Students must complete this form if they wish to enroll in a MATH or MACM course for which they do not meet the formal prerequisite. Please note that prerequisite waivers are typically not granted for 100, 200 and some 300 level MATH or MACM courses.
Students must complete this form if they wish to take a MATH or MACM course for a third time. Please note that the deadline to submit this form for a Spring 2018 repeat is Jan 03, 2018. We do not accept late applications. This application is not guaranteed approval. See below for reasons your application is normally denied.
- You are on academic probation or have a very low GPA.
- Your GPA has been in decline for several terms.
- Your grades in the term directly preceeding the "repeat term" are poor.
- There are other reasons which suggest you might struggle in the course.
Please make note of the policies related to repeating courses, accessible here: http://students.sfu.ca/academicadvising/difficulty.html
Application to Fellowships for (Non-Tuition) Course Components
Students requesting fellowship consideration for (non-tuition) course materials based on financial hardship must submit an application. Please consult with the mathematics academic advisor for details.
Visit the SFU Student Services forms website for a full listing of undergraduate forms
- If students wish to enroll in a MATH or MACM course in week 2 of the term, the Undergraduate Course Application form must be signed by the instructor of the course and approved by the Department of Mathematics.
- The Health and Counselling Services/Certificate of Illness Form can be found under "Appeals" on the SFU Student Services forms website.
Page maintained by the Undergraduate Advisor.