Applications will not be considered until you have found a potential supervisor.
- Apply online at the Graduate Studies site. Note that there is an application fee which you must pay by credit card (Master Card or Visa) in order to apply online.
- You have to upload the following supporting materials online:
- Copies of official transcripts from all Post-Secondary Institutions attended.
- A current copy of your Curriculum Vitae. Be sure to include any publications you may have.
- 3 strongly supportive Letters of Reference are required. The online admission system will instruct you on how to request the reference letters.
- You have to mail the following supporting materials to the MBB department:
- One set of official transcripts from all Post-Secondary Institutions attended (must come either directly from the educational instituion or in a sealed envelope mailed by you; please do not send opened transcripts).
- Evidence showing completion of BSc/MSc degree(s). If the degree is not complete at the time of application, evidence of its completion is required at time of registration.
- For International applicants, an official copy of your diploma.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (for students whose first language is not English). Exams must have been taken in the last two years and be sent directly from the testing centre. Photocopies will suffice during the application process but in order to be admitted official copies will be required. SFU's institution code is 0999 and MBB's department code is 034. International applicants whose primary language is not English will not be required to complete an English-language test if they completed a degree at an institution where the language of instruction and examination was in English in a country where English is the primary language.
- For PhD only - Evidence of your ability to undertake substantial original research is required (i.e. a copy of your BSc/MSc thesis, particulars about research work over the past 18 months, who you have been affiliated with, copies of research reports or papers authored or co-authored).
Please send materials that are requested to be mailed to the Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Department:
Simon Fraser University
Dept. of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
SSB 8166, 8888 University Drive
Burnaby, BC Canada V5A 1S6
Attn: Graduate Program Assistant