- B.Sc., Biochemistry (honours), Bristol University
- M.Sc., Genetics, Simon Fraser University
- Ph.D., Bioinformatics, Sanger Institute, Cambridge
Dr Jones studies the genomic changes that accrue during the development of cancer. His work links mutational events with the molecular drivers of cancer. The goal is not only to determine more fully the molecular biology of oncogensis but to explore the potential drug senstivities associated with a cancer genotype. Dr Jones uses high-throughput DNA sequencing data from both the cancer genome and transcriptoome as well as epigenomic data as a substrate for his bioinformatic research.
- 2014 Apr;15(4):402-10. doi: 10.1002/embr.201337950. Epub 2014 Feb 17. The expression level of small non-coding RNAs derived from the first exon of protein-coding genes is predictive of cancer status. Zovoilis A1, Mungall AJ, Moore R, Varhol R, Chu A, Wong T, Marra M, Jones SJ. Read more.
- 2013 Jul;230(3):249-60. doi: 10.1002/path.4203. Complete genomic landscape of a recurring sporadic parathyroid carcinoma. Kasaian K1, Wiseman SM, Thiessen N, Mungall KL, Corbett RD, Qian JQ, Nip KM, He A, Tse K, Chuah E, Varhol RJ, Pandoh P, McDonald H, Zeng T, Tam A, Schein J, Birol I, Mungall AJ, Moore RA, Zhao Y, Hirst M, Marra MA, Walker BA, Jones SJ. Read more.
- 2013 Jun 15;29(12):1492-7. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btt178. Epub 2013 May 22. Assembling the 20 Gb white spruce (Picea glauca) genome from whole-genome shotgun sequencing data. Birol I1, Raymond A, Jackman SD, Pleasance S, Coope R, Taylor GA, Yuen MM, Keeling CI, Brand D, Vandervalk BP, Kirk H, Pandoh P, Moore RA, Zhao Y,Mungall AJ, Jaquish B, Yanchuk A, Ritland C, Boyle B, Bousquet J, Ritland K, Mackay J, Bohlmann J, Jones SJ. Read more.
Future courses may be subject to change.